Another beautiful summer in K-town
So it is finally the summer I was looking forward to here in K-town. No more annoying flies, beautiful sun and weather, warm temperatures, I live close by the lake...couldn't have asked for better!
Too bad I can't fully enjoy it all yet. I find I've gotten myself into a busy hole yet again, with a drawing/painting course, a correspondence course in organizational behaviour, and finishing up the assignments that I never got around to for my Geography courses (they'll be the death of me!). Ack. University is just way too theoretical for me and my brain, causing my last few years to be not as enjoyable and productive as I would have liked it to be. If only I could create a degree of my own where I take only the courses that I want. :) He he.
It has been a week and a half of this drawing and painting course. I'd have to say I've never enjoyed myself more than this class ever since coming to university! It is very nice to be able to use the other side of my brain again. If only all academic classes were this exciting...I learn so much better hands-on.
Why does university have to be held so high in priority this day and age? Is it honestly the best or only route that must be taken on the path of serving God, as the parents would say? I thought loving God was the main point in life, and the university experience hasn't always been helping me along in that direction...not to say that the experience was a complete waste. I always feel like the pressure is on to get a degree, get a job, with very little room for maneuvering. I feel like I'm always the fish out of the fishbowl, struggling to survive, as if I don't really belong.
